Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This gal. She is un-f*cking believable!


I would just like to reiterate this point: The incident that occurred over the weekend had nothing to do with Right-wing politicians and pundits. Blaming their language for the assassination attempt on Arizona Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is like blaming The Catcher in the Rye for the death of John Lennon. You cannot blame these actions on a deranged man with no concept of reality.

With that said, I do agree that rhetoric has become a bit crazy lately. What happened Saturday wasn’t caused by rhetoric but it allowed us to see that we are just humans and that we aren’t mortal enemies.

But I have a serious disdain for Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin’s political action committee posted a map of the US and placed a guns’ crosshairs over each district, aiming for each congressman/woman. Obviously she was just pointing out that these seats were vulnerable to incumbents due to their support of Healthcare Reform, and that attention should be placed on winning these 20 districts for Republicans (Democrats did a similar thing in 2004). There is nothing wrong with “targeting” a member of an opposing party. Every sane person knows you do not intend to kill that person.



But what Sarah Palin did recently shows us her true colors as the piece of shit politician that she is. Her aides said they were “surveying symbols”.

Really

Really?

You know, you might have had some credibility if the tweet sending you to the page with the crosshairs wasn’t “Don't Retreat -- Instead RELOAD!” Reload what? My Total Station?

I would have had so much respect for her if she came out and said, “Due to the events of last weekend, the graphics of gun crosshairs over Rep Giffords’ district has been seen as tasteless, and has been removed. My intent was to show which districts I thought we had the best chance of winning in 2010 and should focus our time and energy there. I obviously do not condone the attack made on a member of our Congress. America is the home of freedom and opportunity, and the ballot, not the bullet, is the best way to keep our leaders and government in line”. Was that so hard? Can you only speak in nine second sound bites because you don’t know how to actually have a real debate or sound intelligent?

Man up, Palin. I know what that is. Do not question my and America’s intelligence. Do not act like you did something wrong and are trying to hide it. If people have any common sense, they will know that you had no intention of inciting violence. So why run away and act like you did?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Josh - I'm not following all of this, partly because I'm just not up on the times, but I was wondering if you could enlighten me to the situation and whas you're driving at here, since I'm a bit in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, nevermind - a little bit of reading on the links you gave cleared most of it up. Thanks, as always, for making good points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear, I completely agree! Admitting error in ANY form is a big no-no in politics. Wouldn't it just be great if she graciously admitted that the symbols were related to violent imagery and stepped down? No one does that. Ever. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete