Tuesday, February 8, 2011

You can have the Model T in any color, so long as it's black.

The major opposition to the new healthcare law is the individual mandate. Basically, if you don’t have healthcare and choose not to buy it, you will be fined 2.5% of your income a year (after 2016). This idea was a Republican idea until Obama came along and embraced it, and since everything he does is anti-American, Republicans were forced to act like spoiled asshat children and viciously attack and oppose the idea.

“The Federal Government has no right to force you to do something”. According to Mitt Romney, who as Governor of Massachusetts supported and passed a very similar law, said “it's one thing for a state to pass a mandate, but very different when the federal government forces such a policy on the nation.” What the f*cks the difference???

Ok Republicans, how about this; could you repeal the law stating I have to sign up for the draft? Could you repeal the law stating I have to attend school until age 16? Could you repeal the law stating I have to get vaccines before I enter public school? Could you repeal the law stating I have to buy only USDA approved meat and let me choose to eat unsafe meat? Could you repeal the law stating I have to serve on a jury? Could you repeal the law stating I have to pay taxes? Could you repeal the law stating I have to wait until I’m 16 to drive, 18 to smoke, and 21 to drink alcohol?

Healthcare is not a commodity to be bought like soda. We all need it like police and fire protection. The main reason why healthcare is expensive is because people in my age group do not think they need it because they are healthy (FYI: top three causes of injury and death for 25 to 29 year olds are Accidents, Homicides, and Suicides in that order). When they arrive at the hospital and have no insurance, who pays the bill? Taxpayers!

Yes, I do not understand how people who can’t afford healthcare are going to afford it now that they’re forced into buying it.

The point is, the government forces you to do a lot of stuff and we don’t care. Why is this so different?

No comments:

Post a Comment