Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Right way is the wrong way.

Republican hopefuls (and I mean really hopeful, we’re talking bottom of the barrel here) met in Iowa last week to pander to voters. Iowa is no stranger to Presidential politics. They hold the first caucus in the race for the presidency. With the economy slowly recovering and the debt growing (the issues the Republicans claim put them in power), these were the issues the prospective candidates talked about. Wait, sorry. They talked about social issues.

Who can blame them when one woman said, “I vote social issues, that's my main thing. That's our moral fiber. I'm so anti-abortion and pro-God in our government and our country”

I give you the most dangerous voter in the country, the religious one!

But can you blame her? Here is what one of the speakers of the event told the crowd, “We are concerned that a country that was founded on European-style Christian moral values has now become a multicultural haven for every weird and kinky lifestyle”

Is this really what Republicans/Christians believe? This nation is only for white Christians and immigrants ruin the country? Is this a meeting of the Know Nothing/National Union Party?

I knew I hated Fillmore for a reason.

This bigoted language is greeted with applause from the audience and five people who want to lead this country? Really???

Let us see how much they like to revise history,

Tim Pawlenty, “We need to remember this and always remember it: The Constitution was designed to protect people of faith from government, not to protect government from people of faith."

Ha Ha, WRONG! Separation of Church and State is a two way street. Government does not interfere with Religion and Religion does not interfere with Government. Our Founders knew what happened in England and Europe when religion played a dominant in influencing government (Henry VIII, Oliver Cromwell, James II, Mary Queen of Scots, the Thirty Years’ War). You can find all sorts of anti-religion quotes by our founding fathers (Moral Minority: Our Skeptical Founding Fathers is a good read). If Jefferson was so Christian, why did he create his own New Testament Bible by cutting up others and omitting all miracles and supernatural acts?

What issues does Gingrich think are important?

“Gingrich called on the next president to re-authorize the Reagan administration's "Mexico City Policy" that banned taxpayer money from abortion services abroad; to sign an order allowing health care workers to refuse to perform any procedure they deem "morally or ethically objectionable"; and to re-locate the American embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.”

But these issues are important, right Steve King?

“If we get the culture right, the economy will be right eventually.”

Yes, because stopping abortion with get us out of debt. "Eventually", as in it will take much longer for the economy to improve because we were so concerned about gay marriage.

This is why I really dislike Republicans. They are so out of touch with reality. They are like Don Quixote, going after these imaginary or overblown issues while the debt grows bigger, and the economy painfully tries to recover. Wages have been stagnant for years. Less Americans feel the benefits of prosperity as the rich get more and more money. When will they revert back into Eisenhower Republicans, when they weren’t crazy? It's a sad day when Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels wants to hold off on social issues, and is ridiculed for it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi There,
    Well I happened to stumble upon you blog - and guess what, I'm Republican. I am not sure how many Republican/Christians you know - you may know lots - but I just thought I would introduce myself and clarify a couple of things.

    First of all, I don't want you to get defensive automatically. I cannot say that I won't offend you but that certainly is not my intention. You simply asked a question in you blog and I wanted to answer it from a Republican/Christian perspective. Your question:

    "Is this really what Republicans/Christians believe? This nation is only for white Christians and immigrants ruin the country?

    The answer is "no", we don't think that the nation is for white Christians and immigrants ruin our country. Our nation, after all, was founded on immigrants.

    I did hear how some of the GOP candidates recently visited Iowa, just keep in mind just because they are a "candidate" doesn't mean that all Republican/Christians - or as I like to put it Christian/Republican - endorse each of the candidates.

    Anyway, I just wanted to say "hi". I hope my comments didn't offend you, that was not my purpose. I just thought I would answer the question that you asked. Oh, and I forgive you for saying that you don't like me - after all, you don't even know me.

    Sincerely,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete