Sunday, May 8, 2011

The core of my problems

A few years ago, I bought an Xbox 360. I was thrilled.

Then I tried to play a game. I needed a memory card to store any game information. Thank you game store employee for letting me walk out of the store without mentioning this. (The same thing happened to me when I got my Nintendo GameCube. Christmas day was ruined…) The next day, I bought one and started playing my games.

A little while later I bought two Xbox games, knowing that the 360 is backwards compatible with older Xbox games.

Or so I thought.

It turns out I had bought the “Core” version of the Xbox 360, one without a hard drive and incapable of playing original Xbox games. Not being a hardcore gamer or Xbox enthusiast, I had no idea.

This has been the subject of fodder amongst gamers. It is the barebones system. It will play games, maybe a few other things, but if you want to STORE game data and PLAY older games, you have to cough up some extra money.

What the Hell is the purpose of that (besides making more money)? I can understand having a basic version for casual gamers and an advanced version for hardcore gamers. But why have a shit version, average version, and advanced version? Hell, the shitty “Core” version is no longer sold. Now they do just have an average version and an advanced version.

Do you know how many PS3’s there are? TWO, both capable of doing the same crap, just with different storage sizes and overall console size.

How many Wii’s? ONE (for now…I think…) It’s nice to see that the Xbox 360 and PS3 need a chart on Wikipedia to show which types of each system are in production. Don’t need that for the Wii!!!

Hand it to Microsoft to screw something like this up. Well, with all the problems in the world, I really should stop bitching about this. Who cares…

No comments:

Post a Comment