Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween, without the kids, trick-or-treating, or fun...

Halloween was a disappointment. Not one kid showed up. (Plus side: I have a lot of candy!)

Just to make things clear, I do not live in the middle of nowhere. I live in an apartment complex in one of the largest suburbs of DC. The complex has a “No trespassing/soliciting” sign but what about the kids who live within the complex. If it was not allowed, why no notice?

A parade was held from six to eight in town and maybe that “Hallelujah” Party converted the rest of the saps. Who knows? All I know is that I will be consuming way too much sugar for the next few weeks.

Anyway, I have been looking up some stupid rules set for Halloween in some communities. In Buffalo and other places, it was done on Saturday night. Why? Is Saturday somehow safer?

Some places won’t allow you to wear a mask! You do know what a costume is, right town council?

Some safety rules are also stupid.
“Go out before dark” Where is the fun in that? Also, for years daylight savings was before Halloween, which meant it was pitch black by 5 PM. I wouldn’t get home from school until 4:00 or 4:30.

“Wear reflective tape”. What kind of pirate, ninja, gorilla, or three-headed president wears reflective tape? It ruins the costume!

“Wear a flame retardant costume”. What kind of costume is going to spontaneously burst into flames?



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Josh - You always know how to make me laugh.

    "You're just jealous because me and Steve Dave and I are having a sleepover after the fair at my mom's house!"

    Perfect clip for that last rule.

    ReplyDelete