Friday, November 19, 2010

Why do I even care about her?

In the Washington Post today, there were a few excerpts from Sarah Palin's book America by Heart. Two I thought were priceless:

Sarah hates talentless wannabes: "Did you ever wonder where the producers of 'American Idol' come up with the seemingly endless supply of people who can't sing but are deluded enough to get up in front of a national television audience and screech out a song anyway? ... These self-esteem-enhanced but talent-deprived performers eventually learn the truth." Really? See my previous post.

On Murphy Brown (the character played by Candice Bergen from late 80s early 90s TV show Murphy Brown. Her character gave birth out of wedlock on the show.): "Given the choice of role models between Bristol and Murphy Brown, I choose Bristol." Who wouldn't choose the irresponsible, uninformed, reckless teenage girl over the strong, independent and intelligent woman to be a better role model?

I really need to stop taking her seriously and think of her as a comedian. I think I know why the world is going to end in 2012; she will be elected president...

1 comment:

  1. Even Bush thinks she's terribly unqualified:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101108/pl_yblog_upshot/in-new-memoir-bush-reignites-feud-with-mccain-admits-strain-with-cheney-over-libby

    ReplyDelete