Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I hate 'Glee'

I don't get this show. I haven't seen a single episode, but I know I'll hate it. I have better ways of wasting an hour; watching paint dry, eating glass shards, master...ing my painting skills...

Nearly every online reviewer had some stupid 'Glee' ad before the video. Darn it, I want to watch the Nostalgia Critic's "My Pet Monster" review, not an ad for 'Glee'!

From what I understand, the basic "plot" is this: a group of misfits from different cliques spend a saturday in detention, they open their souls to each other and become friends. Wait, thats the plot of The Breakfast Club. Sorry. The plot of 'Glee' is a group of misfits from different cliques join the High School Glee club while some bitch of a cheerleading coach has an unhealthy obsession to destroy them. And for no reason, everyone breaks into song and sings songs from popular artists and people mistake them for real artists. Is this the TV version of "High School Musical"?

Well, conglaturation 'Glee'. You just combined two things I absolutely hate: musicals and high school drama (to be fair, South Park: The Movie was good).

Geeze, what the hell would my life look like if it were 'Glee'?

Geeze! Look at that belly!

I'm sorry you had to see that...

3 comments:

  1. Really you look like you'd quite enjoy yourself if your life were Glee-tast-ified.
    :-P
    ~Loey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you feel so plauged by ads for Glee... personally I've seen enough of the ad for Sims 3. (ugh, waay too many times.) However I will say this about Glee, since the kids are in a Glee club it does give them an excuse to sing randomly. And the teacher is all about singing out your true feelings. So there is some reason to the madness. But it does tend to act like a music video at times, so it will seem outrageous at times.

    With all that said, I think you looked great singing. If you ever need to musicify your life, give me a jingle. I know all about randomly bursting into song.

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glee irritates me, too. Perhaps this is because we are angry, bitter people who are bothered by our happier brethren who like to burst into song to express their joy. Or maybe it is because we spent 8 years (4 high school/4 college) surrounded by asstards who randomly burst into song over everything, that it was snowing, that french fries were being served at lunch, that they failed a test, that their socks are mismatched, whatever, like the whole world is an audition for American Idol and their voice sounds like they may have been sitting around eating shards of glass with you. Just sit down and stfu.

    ReplyDelete